Premier General Surgeon Norma Edwards, MD, FACS, has transitioned to an office-based practice and is now accepting patient referrals at the Premier Surgical Parkwest office in Knoxville, TN.
Since joining Premier Surgical in 2017, Dr. Edwards has been a dedicated Surgicalist serving acute care patient via the Parkwest Emergency Department.
Before coming to Premier Surgical, Dr. Edwards practiced elective General Surgery with Memphis Surgery Associates for eight years. Dr. Edwards is board-certified in General Surgery with special interests in gastroesophageal reflux disease, simple and complex hernia repair, gastroparesis, biliary disease, as well as diseases of the small bowel, colon, stomach, and anorectal disease.
Areas of Expertise
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Hiatal and paraesophageal hernia repair
- Biliary disease including gallstones, biliary dyskinesia
- Complex abdominal wall reconstruction including ventral, umbilical and incisional hernias
- Diseases of the small bowel and colon
- Diseases of the stomach
- Diverticular disease of small bowel and colon
- Small bowel and colon cancer
“I care for my patients the way I would want for my own family,” Dr. Edwards says of her Philosophy of Care. “I believe that the best surgical decisions for patients are made as a team with the patient, family, and myself working together to evaluate the goals of treatment.”
Dr. Edwards is now accepting new patients. To request an appointment, please call the Premier Surgical Parkwest office at (865) 690-5263 or visit REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT.