Today, we celebrate National Cancer Survivors’ Day. It’s a special day where we celebrate milestones with millions of cancer survivors across the country and the people who helped them along the way.
In medicine, we use the term prognosis to pertain how the disease will go for you.
There are different factors that can affect your prognosis. This includes:
• the type of cancer you have and where it is located
• the stage of cancer and whether cancer has spread in other areas of your body
• the cancer’s grade, which means how abnormal cancer cells look like under a microscope; it can also provide information • • how likely the cancer cells will grow and spread
• your age and overall health
• your response to treatment
Generally, one also has a better prognosis/outcome if cancer is detected and treated earlier.
Cancer Surgeries at Premier Surgical
Premier Surgical Associates of Knoxville and Cleveland, TN, have experienced board-certified surgeons who will provide you the best patient and cancer surgical care.
Our surgeons have specialized knowledge and skills in diagnosing and providing excellent pre-operative and post-operative care for our cancer patients.
Our surgeons are experienced in treating many disease sites including:
• Colon and rectal
We also perform:
• Sentinel lymph node mapping and biopsy
• Lymph node dissections
• Surgical treatment of recurrent and metastatic disease
• Laparoscopic resection
• Sphincter preservation
• Laparoscopic radiofrequency ablation
Our board-certified surgeons
There are various factors that can determine the success of cancer surgeries. This includes your cancer stage, the presence of metastasis (if cancer has spread), your overall health, and the surgical team.
All of our surgeons are certified by the American Board of Surgery.
Premier Surgical has a team of board-certified Surgical Oncologists located at Premier Surgical at Fort Sanders Regional. Dr. Gregory Midis who specializes in colon and rectal cancer surgery; Dr. David Roife who specializes in pancreatic and liver cancer surgery; and Dr. Ana Wilson who specializes in skin, breast cancer, and thyroid surgery.
To request an appointment with any of Premier Surgical’s experienced surgeons, visit our APPOINTMENT REQUEST link.