Uncomfortable and painful, hemorrhoids are a common condition that can cause itching, bleeding, and inflammation. They can also lead to infection if not treated. Small, vascular cushions located on or in the rectum help control bowel function. In some cases, too much pressure in the lower rectum and anus can cause swelling, which leads to inflammation and pain. This may be due to straining during bowel movements, pregnancy, long periods of sitting, or a low fiber diet.
Should You Get Help?
Hemorrhoid treatment is available to most people experiencing pain and discomfort like this. The experts at Premier Hemorrhoid Treatment Center in Knoxville recommend you seek treatment in these situations:
1. Bleeding: If you have bleeding before, during, or after you’ve had a bowel movement, that’s an important sign to seek professional treatment. Bleeding could be a sign of a more complicated condition like colon or anal cancer. Proper diagnosis and treatment may be critical to your health.
2. Prolonged pain: If you have had pain or inflammation in the anal area for more than a week, it is best to seek help from your doctor. Sometimes hemorrhoids can improve on their own, but if they do not do so within a week, you need professional treatment.
3. Worsening conditions: If your pain and discomfort seem to be getting worse instead of better, don’t wait to call for help. A simple laser treatment such as Infrared Coagulation (IRC) can be done in a doctor’s office.
4. It’s prolapsed: This means that the hemorrhoid is severely inflamed and is protruding outside of the anus. Sometimes it will go back into place on its own, but if that causes pain, it’s best to have a professional treat it.
5. You’re not sure: It may not be easy to know if you have hemorrhoids or if it is something else. If you have any bleeding, pain, or discomfort, it’s best to seek out a doctor’s care.
Hemorrhoid treatment may be necessary for some individuals and fortunately, it’s easier than ever. Premier Hemorrhoid Treatment Center offers non-invasive Infrared Coagulation (IRC) treatments in our office. It’s quick, painless, and requires no stitches or banding. And, IRC is covered by most insurance plans.
If you have any questions about whether or not you have hemorrhoids or the pain is significant, don’t suffer and wait to seek out help.
Get Help for Your Hemorrhoids
For hemorrhoid treatment, contact Premier Surgical Hemorrhoid Treatment Center in Knoxville, TN. Book an appointment ONLINE or call our confidential HEMORRHOID HOTLINE at (865) 588-9952.