Chief Executive Officer
Location: Premier Surgical Corporate on Papermill Drive in Knoxville, TN
Premier Surgical Associates is seeking a strategic executive for the role of Chief Executive Officer. Working in tandem with the Executive Committee and Member Physicians, the incoming CEO will be responsible for strategically leading and promoting healthy growth & stability of the organization. Members will look to this individual to encourage innovation within the company through innovation, strategic partnerships, and technology, to be a strong proponent of and an active participant in furthering the Mission and Vision of Premier Surgical to deliver the highest level of customer service to team members, patients, and referral network.
- Share with the Members strategies that will be incorporated in the company business plan and budget to achieve the short, medium, long-term strategic and financial objectives for the company; and utilize metrics through which the Executive Committee can appropriately evaluate key performance objectives-including operations and safety, reliability, fiscal health, technology, employee and patient satisfaction, and compliance with government regulations.
- Demonstrate to the Members the financial stability of the firm by maintaining solid fiscal performance through execution of Member approved objectives. Communicate results by providing regular reports on financial trends, performance, revenue, and operational expenses.
- Execute and report on progress toward the mission, vision, and goals contained in the business plan as approved by the Members.
- Inform the Members on developments that may/do substantially impact the company and provide proposed solutions for remediation.
- Oversee and manage day-to-day business operations of the practice for all functions including but not limited to operational, technical, financial, human resources, marketing, and business development.
- Create, improve, implement, and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will ensure legal compliance, operational efficiency, and patient/employee satisfaction.
- Demonstrate a cooperative spirit through active participation and partnerships with Premier’s hospital, referring physician and managed care partners.
- Monitor industry trends and the challenges facing private medical practices in order to recognize and explore new opportunities for the firm to provide solutions.
- Act as a role model and set strong ethical standards with integrity, honesty, and trustworthiness in all professional relationships.
- Further the interests of the company and promote a favorable image of Premier Surgical with customers, business associations and with the broader public.
Requirements, Education, and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field is required.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
- Experience in board rooms and the C-suite.
- Experience with surgical group practice and ambulatory surgical center operations.
- Experience with physician compliance and government regulations.
- 5 years or more in progressive management positions is required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and manage effective teams.
- Executive presence and ability to maintain calm demeanor in high stress environments.
- Strong financial acumen along with leadership, motivational, and people skills.
- Driven towards innovation and results using a strategic mindset.
- Demonstrated aptitude for financial strategy and decision-making in a complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (tactfulness, cooperation, courteousness, and customer friendliness) are necessary to represent Premier in a positive manner.
- Excellent written communication skills with demonstrated ability to write communications clearly, concisely, and effectively, and with attention to detail for visually appealing output.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with the proven ability to effectively present information to physicians, executives, and staff members.
- Strong leadership skills with effectiveness in developing tasks and managing resources to achieve targets/goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage sensitive information.
- Working knowledge and understanding of business support functions and their contribution to organizational success, including human resources, information technology, accounting, finance, and operations support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide open and thorough communication to all Premier constituents, owners, Board members, business and network partners, and staff in a prompt, honest and accurate manner.
Founded in 1996, Premier Surgical Associates is the largest General and Vascular Surgery group in East Tennessee. From simple to complex, our board-certified physicians perform a variety of General, Vascular, Bariatric, Surgical Oncology and Plastic Surgery Procedures. Headquartered in Knoxville Tennessee we have six regional offices with a catchment area that spans the region from Chattanooga to Southern Virginia and Southeastern Kentucky. Our operations include an Ambulatory Surgery Center and Office-Based Vascular Surgery in our state-of-the-art OBL. For more information on PSA visit www.premiersurgical.com.
Interested applicants should contact Beckett Stabile, Human Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.