Premier Vascular & Vein Center on Papermill Drive
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Aids vascular physicians in diagnoses and treatment of blood vessel disorders by conducting invasive and non-invasive diagnostic tests of cardiovascular systems; maintaining equipment; and recording test results.
Basic skills and knowledge in field as evidenced by certification as a Certified Cardiographic Technician (CCT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
Reports to Manager
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists surgeons by aiding in the diagnosis and treatment of blood vessel issues.
- Completes non-invasive peripheral vascular tests by collecting ultrasound echoes to form a screen image of the heart function, blood flow, and circulation.
- Ensures that technical protocols for testing procedures are current and relevant to advances in the field.
- Performs Administrative support functions to include assisting with scheduling and prioritizing of patients, reporting results on a timely basis, maintaining records, appropriately coding billing documents and preparing testing data for physician interpretation.
- Maintains and cleans equipment to ensure equipment longevity, safe operation and reliability of laboratory results. Responsible for trouble shooting equipment malfunction and knowing when a service call is indicated.
- Continually evaluates lab protocols to aid in determining if changes are indicated to optimize accuracy and relevancy of findings
- Continually works toward “process” improvements.
- Acts as a team member through clear and open communications, adhering to policies and supporting PSA goals and mission in performance of daily activity
- Promotes good guest relations by treating others with courtesy, integrity and ethical conduct. Respects the privacy and the individual differences of others. Maintains confidentiality.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe work environment
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Interpersonal skills necessary to relate well with the patients and their families, physicians and fellow employees in order to reflect a positive guest relations image.
- Analytical skills required for interpreting technical data and preparing preliminary reports
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to assist patients up and down, off the exam table as needed. In addition, may be required to assist in transporting patients to other locations