FRONT OFFICE COORDINATOR
Premier Surgical Cleveland
Monday – Friday, Day shift
Responsible for greeting patients, check-in, scheduling/ rescheduling, incoming referral management, patient registration, account updates, on-call consult requests, daily journal management and deposit process, no show follow-up, fax management and answering phones. All tasks are performed in electronic medical practice management system.
- Greets, instructs, and directs patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Checks patients in completing data entry of demographics, insurance, and financial information.
- Verifies patient’s insurance benefits and participation of physician and loads appropriately into the PM System.
- Collects co-pays and balances as required.
- Prepares receipts, balances journal, and prepares deposit on a rotating basis with front office coworkers. Balances cash daily.
- Schedules/Reschedules appointments as needed.
- Contacts “no show” patients and reschedules appointments and documents in the patient record for historical record.
- Incoming Referral Management:
- Monitor faxes and calls from referring offices and self-referrals to our providers.
- Review referral details to decide if the appointment should be made (health issue, supporting
- Test results, insurance participation)
- Contact patient to register and set up appointment.
- Loads medical record information sent from referring office.
- Verifies insurance, obtains any needed official insurance referral information or authorizations.
- Take hospital consult requests, communicates those requests to the on-call physician
- Gather patient information from the hospital system and register the patient in our system.
- All tasks performed in electronic medical practice management system.
- Maintains a clean and orderly waiting area.
- Answers phone calls, screens calls and takes messages as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Skill of intermediate-level competence in Windows-based computer software systems.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and adhering to timelines.
- Skill in applying universal precautions, understanding and following HIPAA guidelines.
- Skill in interpersonal relationships with patients, their families, physicians, and co-workers.
- Analytical ability to comprehend the relationship between various tasks and data in Electronic Health Records and Practice Management System.
- Ability to communicate medical terminology and concepts clearly.
- Ability to ensure quality in patient care.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Medical terminology knowledge desired
- Please list your computer software training and experience. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
Send your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (865) 584-7712
Premier Surgical HR
6408 Papermill Drive, Suite 220,
Knoxville TN 37919