MEDICAL OFFICE COORDINATOR
Monday – Friday, Day shift
Responsible for coordinating Surgeon’s workflow including surgery scheduling, appointment scheduling, procedure and all testing scheduling; maintains patient information; obtains required referrals, pre-determinations and authorizations as required by health plans; manages all charge posting for the physician’s patients.
- Ability to use the electronic health record as required and meet all measurable criteria.
- Verifies patient information in Premier Surgical systems to ensure correct information is on file for referring physicians, referrals, demographic information, and insurance purposes prior to scheduled appointments, surgery, or other diagnostic procedures. Registers patients, updates information as required for timely workflow.
- Obtains all needed precertifications, authorizations, predeterminations and/or referrals for services as required and enters them into the system per office policy.
- Responsible for entering all charges related to office visits and procedures applying appropriate codes and fees per established office policy. Will balance charges daily to ensure all visits have been accounted for. Follows up on any missing charges as necessary and ensure missing data is provided.
- Responds to questions from referring physician offices, patients, and the hospital regarding care orders in a timely manner.
- Answers phone calls, emails, web submissions and/or any communications from referring physicians, patients, and others in a timely and courteous manner, documenting the communication and response per established office policy.
- Coordinates and documents appropriate release of medical information according to Premier policy and in accordance with HIPAA.
- Uses appropriate reporting mechanisms as required by federal (HIPAA) and state laws as well as corporate compliance policy.
- Respects the dignity, confidentiality and privacy of patients and fellow employees per corporate compliance policy.
- Obtains appropriate patient consents for treatment and authorizations for release of information per office policy.
- Provides sufficient information to allow patients and their significant others to participate in the patient’s care. Provides educational resources to the patient/family as appropriate.
Dual specialties of General surgery:
- Surgery scheduling, all ultrasound scheduling, appointment scheduling, procedure and all testing scheduling.
- Maintains patient information.
- Obtains required referrals, pre-determinations and authorizations as required by health plans.
- Manages all charge posting(office based and surgical) for the physician’s patients.
- Coordinates all dialysis patient needs/appointments/procedures/approvals.
Requirements / Preferred:
- One year’s medical office experience strongly preferred
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced multiple-disciplinary surgery office
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Greenway/Intergy software and electronic medical charts experience helpful
Please list your computer software training and experience. Benefits include PTO, health insurance, paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
Send your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (865) 584-7712
Premier Surgical HR
6408 Papermill Drive, Suite 220,
Knoxville TN 37919