Premier Surgical at Papermill Drive
Responsible for the planning, executing, directing and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care given to the procedure patient. This nursing care ranges from preoperative care onto postoperative evaluation and care. It is a practice designed to meet a patient’s needs through the nursing process, ensuring continuity of care during the holding room/surgical experience.
- Currently licensed to practice professional nursing in the State of Tennessee and must be familiar with the basic nursing performance standards.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Certification in ACLS and CPR.
- A minimum of one year’s experience as a registered nurse.
- Knowledge of Patient’s Rights.
- Knowledge and experience in the preoperative and postoperative care of the procedure patient.
- Knowledge of specialized equipment used in the holding/operating room.
- Knowledge of anesthetic agents and their usage and effect on the procedure patient.
- Evidence of continuing education in the field of OR nursing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and directs patient care in the room.
- Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to
- accepted standards of practice.
- Supervises other personnel in the room and directs or assists as necessary.
- Immediately reports any unusual occurrences to charge personnel, documents appropriately in the patient record, and completes PVAIC’s Incident Reports form if indicated.
- If called upon, performs all circulating duties with efficiency and speed.
- Has all supplies and equipment in room and provides to team as necessary.
- Assists surgeons, and other personnel as needed to ensure good patient care.
- Observes patient for changes in condition.
- Reviews surgeon’s preference cards for desired medications andverifies same with surgeon.
- Ensures all medications are administered and charted according to established policies and procedures.
- Identifies and records patient’s response to medication when necessary.
- Refers to resource material (PDR, IV Manual) whenever necessary.
- Promptly reports medication errors.
- Cares for specimens and cultures as directed by set policies and procedures.
- Records required data in EHR and updates records in the patients chart.
- Provides orderly progression of schedule by sending for following patients at proper times and notifies personnel of any changes.
- Provides for continuity of individual patient care.
- As staffing allows, utilize program of pre and post-operative visits to facilitate knowledge of patient, condition, and needs.
- Receives and gives reports to and about patient as necessary to ensuregood care.
- Provides for psychological needs of patient.
- Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Records used items in proper place and method directed.
- Assists in administrative duties as directed.
- Helps with maintenance of records and statistics.
- Assists in establishment and maintenance of procedures, policies andstandards.
- Assists in scheduling of operative procedures.
- Acts as charge nurse as necessary.
- Assists in supervision of personnel and department to provide optimumassurance of safe environment.
- Checks rooms, material, and equipment for proper care and handling.
- Ensures clean, safe environment through continued alertness to safetyand explosive hazards and aseptic techniques.
- Keeps inventory of supplies to maintain high standards andquality in the materials used.
- Assists in control of traffic and personnel to ensure proper control ofinfection and asepsis.
- Assist in staff development and education
- Assists in formulation and interpretation of procedures, standards,and techniques.
- Assists in orientation of new personnel.
- Assists in evaluation of all OR activities, nursing care give, and ofpersonnel and techniques.
- Avails his or herself in the ongoing nursing education process of the Facility.
- Reviews pertinent periodicals, scientific and medical and related literature.
- On –call for emergencies and available for additional duty.
- Accountability and Adaptability
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for his or her own work performance and those under his or her supervision.
- Observes assigned work schedules and hours.
- Performs competently in new situations.
- Adheres to holding room dress code; neat personal appearance.
- Personal Relations
- Maintains good rapport with fellow employees.
- Maintains good rapport with physicians.
- Performs his or her duties in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Send your cover letter and resume as follows:
Fax: (865) 584-7712
Premier Surgical HR
6408 Papermill Drive, Suite 220,
Knoxville TN 37919