BARIATRIC COORDINATOR/ CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
Location: New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery at Premier Surgical Parkwest office
Provides professional clinical care for Bariatric patients following established standards approved by the physicians. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient peri-operative surgical and outpatient care. Completes all activities accurately, with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Assists with patient flow, communication, and assists physicians and other staff as assigned
- Registers patients for the educational seminar into the scheduler for in-person and online seminars
- Obtains demographic information on each newly registered patient
- Maintains follow up with patients until they attend their consultation
- Tracks and reports pull-through to consults and surgery
- Rooms patients and assists provider in their care in the office
- Maintains exam rooms with necessary supplies. Ensures rooms are clean
- Prepares equipment and assists physician with treatments, procedures, examinations and testing of patients, following all regulations and safety precautions
- Call or fax orders and other documents as needed
- Educates patient and family about diagnostic and surgical procedures, medications, nutrition, and health maintenance
- Monitors and follows-up on outpatient diagnostic testing and physician orders to ensure completion
- Calls in prescriptions as directed by providers. Responds to phone calls from patients, pharmacies, hospitals, surgery centers and other.
- Contact, via telephone or other methods, patients who miss appointments. Reschedule appointment if appropriate
Requirements / Skills
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant in the state of Tennessee is REQUIRED
- Proven working experience as a medical assistant
- Knowledge of medical office management systems and procedures
- Social skills, social perceptiveness and service oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HUMBLE HUNGRY AND SMART
- Greenway/Intergy software and electronic medical charts experience
Please list medical software experience in your resume or cover letter.
Send your resume in MS Word, Excel, or .pdf by email or fax.