REGISTERED NURSE – SURGERY / OPERATING ROOM (PRN)
Location: Premier Surgical Surgery Center on Papermill Drive
Part-time position: weekdays only.
Surgery: Operating Room
- Ensures that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice.
- Performs scrub duties as necessary and to keep current.
- Maintains count on sponges, needles and instruments to ensure no loss of items according to policy.
- Performs all circulating duties with efficiency and speed.
- Supervises and assists as a scrub nurse as necessary.
- Positions patient, prepares procedure area, and adjusts table to proper position according to standard policies.
- Has all supplies and equipment in room and provides to team as necessary.
- Opens all sterile packs and supplies according to aseptic technique.
- Assists surgeons, and other personnel as needed to ensure good patient care. Observes patient for changes in condition.
- Reviews surgeon’s preference cards for desired medications and verifies same with surgeon.
- Ensures all medications are administered and charted according to established policies and procedures.
- Identifies and records patient’s response to medication when necessary.
- Current Tennessee R.N. license
- Certification in ACLS and BLS
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing