David Roife, MD
Dr. David Roife is a Surgical Oncologist with Premier Surgical at Fort Sanders Regional in Knoxville, TN. He has a focus in gastrointestinal, gastroesophageal, liver, pancreas, small bowel, skin and colon and rectal cancers. He also performs general procedures including gallbladder removal and hernia repair. Dr. Roife completed his Fellowship training in surgical oncology at Moffitt Cancer Center in Florida.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- BS: Rice University, Houston, TX
- MD: University of Texas Medical Branch School of Medicine, Galveston
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Texas Medical School at Houston
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow: U.T. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Fellowship: Surgical Oncology, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida
- Board Certified: General Surgery, Surgical Oncology
- Professional Organizations: American College of Surgeons, Society of Surgical Oncology, Pancreas Club
- Joined Premier Surgical: 2021
Surgical Oncology Colon and Rectal Surgery Melanoma and other Skin Cancers, Gallbladder Removal, Hernia Repair
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Gastrointestinal cancer, gastroesophageal cancer, liver cancer, pancreas cancer, small bowel, colon and rectal cancer, adrenal cancer, soft tissue sarcoma, basal and squamous cell skin cancer, melanoma skin cancer. Dr. Roife also performs gallbladder removal and hernia repair.
Fort Sanders Regional
1819 Clinch Avenue, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37916
Watch this short video to learn more about Dr. Roife!
Melanoma is one of the rarest forms of skin cancer, but it’s the deadliest. Surgical Oncologist Dr. Roife explains who is most at risk and how to prevent Melanoma Skin Cancer.
Surgical Oncologist Dr. Roife explores the risk factors and importance of screening for Liver Cancer.
Pancreatic Cancer is sometime called a “silent killer” because there may not be symptoms initially. Dr. Roife explains the importanct of early detection in this interview on WATE’s “Living East Tennessee” program.