Deanna L. Nelson, MD, RPVI, FACS
Dr. Deanna Nelson is a vascular surgeon with Premier Surgical in Knoxville, TN. She operates at Fort Sanders Medical Center and the Premier Surgical Vascular Center. She performs a variety of vascular and endovascular procedures including angioplasty, abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, arterial venous fistula and graft placement and repair, as well as varicose vein treatment. Dr. Nelson is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. She joined Premier Surgical in 2015.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- BS: University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- MD: University of Vermont, Burlington, VT
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Vermont Medical Center, Burlington, VT
- Fellowship: Vascular Surgery, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Board Certified: General Surgery and Vascular Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Certification: Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation in Ultrasound
- Joined Premier Surgical: 2015
- “I liked Dr. Nelson very much. She was kind and very competent, taking as much time as needed to thoroughly explain things and answer any questions.”
- “I think very highly of Dr. Nelson. She is something wonderful. Her excellence level is amazingly high.”
- “Dr. Nelson’s spirit and attitude are so ‘can do’ – and I love that!”
Transcarotid Artery Revascularization is a new treatment that reduces the risk of stroke in patients undergoing carotid artery surgery.
Meet Dr. Deanna Nelson