Mark A. Colquitt, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Dr. Mark Colquitt is a bariatric surgeon with Foothills Weight Loss Surgeons and Premier Surgical in Knoxville, TN. Dr. Colquitt specializes in surgical weight loss procedures including gastric bypass, gastric sleeve and duodenal switch. He is a board certified general surgeon and a Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopy Surgery. Dr. Colquitt is the medical director of the Fort Sanders Regional Center for Bariatric Surgery, accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement. He joined Premier Surgical in 1994.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- BS: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- MD: University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Residency: General Surgery, Saint Mary’s Hospital, Waterbury, CT; Yale University
- Military Service: U.S. Navy, Lieutenant Commander
- Board Certified: General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons; Fellow, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery; The Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgery
- Joined Premier Surgical: 1994
CONSIDERING WEIGHT LOSS SURGERY?
Learn about your options and whether you’re a candidate by viewing Dr. Colquitt’s FREE online bariatric seminar. Watching or attending an informational session is required by most insurance plans that cover bariatric surgery. Patients must watch the seminar before scheduling a consultation with Dr. Colquitt.
Watch the Seminar by clicking the button and completing the registration form. Log in using a Chrome, FireFox or Safari browser. The video is 35 minutes long and includes a quiz. After completing the seminar, please contact the Foothills Weight Loss office at (865) 984-3413 to confirm that we have received your registration information.
- “Thanks for making my quality of life better!”
- “My weight loss surgery by Dr. Colquitt has literally improved my health tremendously! Anyone who is morbidly obese and has not been able to get healthy on their own should seriously consider Foothills. They can help you change your life!”
- “Dr. Colquitt made everything easy to understand and everyone at the office has been very helpful.”
Dr. Colquitt explains robotic Gastric Bypass surgery