Sung G. Lee, MD, FACS
Dr. Sung Lee is a Colon and Rectal Surgeon with Premier Surgical at Fort Sanders Regional in Knoxville, TN. He specializes in colon and rectal surgery as well as inflammatory bowel disease with a strong focus in minimally invasive surgery. Dr. Lee completed his Fellowship-training in colon and rectal surgery at the Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando, Florida.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- BS: University of Georgia, Athens
- MD: Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Tennessee School of Medicine, Knoxville
- Fellowship: Colon and Rectal Surgery, Colon and Rectal Clinic of Orlando, Florida
- Board Certified: General Surgery
- Board Certified: Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Professional Organizations: American College of Surgeons, American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons
- Joined Premier Surgical: 2021
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Colon & rectal cancer, Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis), Minimally Invasive surgery techniques including Da Vinci Robotic System and Laparoscopic Surgery, Anorectal surgery, Anal cancer, Hemorrhoids, Rectal prolapse, Anal fissure and Perianal fissure.
Fort Sanders Regional
1819 Clinch Avenue, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37916
Watch this short video to learn more about Dr. Lee!
Colon and Rectal Cancer Surgery at Premier Surgical Associates
Dr. Lee on the benefits of robotic surgery
Other than skin cancers, colon and rectal cancr is the 3rd most commonly diagnosed cancer in the United States. Premier Colon and Rectal Surgeon Dr. Sung Lee explains the risks of colonrectal disease and why you shouldn’t skip your screening colonoscopy in this segment of the “Living East Tennesee” program on WATE TV-6 in Knoxville.