William C. Gibson, MD, FACS
Dr. William Gibson is a general surgeon with Premier Surgical at Parkwest Medical Center in Knoxville, TN. He specializes in the surgical treatment of breast cancer and also performs general and laparoscopic surgery for thyroid disease, gall bladder disease, and hernia repair and other conditions. He is a Member of the American Society of Breast Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Gibson joined Premier Surgical in 2010.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- BS: University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- MD: University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Residency: General Surgery, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston
- Board Certified: General Surgery, American Board of Surgery
- Member: Fellow, American College of Surgeons; American Society of Breast Surgeons, The Society of Oncoplastic Surgery
- Positions Held: Former Parkwest Medical Center Department of Surgery Chairman
- Recognition: Robotic Surgery, Credentialed using the da Vinci® Surgical System; Cityview Magazine “Top Docs” 2021, 2020, 2019, 2016
- Joined Premier Surgical: 2010
Dr. Gibson specializes in the surgical treatment of Breast Cancer. He is passionate about helping breast cancer patients navigate the diagnosis and treatment process, and partner together to develop an individual treatment plan that is best for them.
“I understand that a breast cancer diagnosis can be scary and overwhelming. I’m committed to empowering each patient with the knowledge and confidence they need to make informed decisions about their breast cancer care, ” explains Dr. Gibson.
Parkwest Medical Center
The Tower at Parkwest
9430 Park West Boulevard, Suite 310
Knoxville, TN 37923
Premier Surgical Papermill
6408 Papermill Drive, Suite 200
Knoxville, TN 37919
FOR DR. GIBSON’S PATIENTS
FROM DR. GIBSON
“Every cancer has its own personality and just because it might fit under a label, that doesn’t always tell you with perfect certainty how it’s going to behave over time. That’s why we study it carefully to try to predict it’s behavior. Then, it requires aggressive treatment and a lot of long-term follow-up in order to get to know the personality of that cancer and try to tailor treatment to it specifically.”
- “Being diagnosed with breast cancer is scary and comes with a lot of questions. He gave me all of the time I needed! I brought a breast cancer survivor with me and he was patient with her questions as well!!!”
- “Dr Gibson explained my breast cancer diagnosis so that my husband and I totally understood what was going on and the plans going forward. Was referred to Dr Gibson by my plastic surgeon who couldn’t speak highly enough of his capabilities.”
- “Dr. Gibson and his team were always supportive of me in my journey with breast cancer. I will always be grateful.”
- Dr. Gibson always made me feel that he was there to guide me through my breast cancer fight. The fact that he met with my other doctors and planned the best options for me in my cancer journey was very comforting and helpful. Very supportive.
- “Dr. Gibson provided the very best care available in East Tennessee! He was highly recommended by my PCP and others.”
- I can’t begin to express my gratitude to Dr. Gibson and his team. He made me and my family feel that we were in the very best hands from the moment our horrific journey began. His patience, empathy, skill, kindness, expertise and confidence was so very reassuring. He was the anchor for my family during the most stressful, scary times of our lives.
- Dr. Gibson was great! He made me feel very comfortable and explained everything to us about my diagnosis and surgery. Felt very at ease during my visits.
One in eight women will be diagnosed with Breast Cancer in their lifetime. Dr. Gibson explores breast cancer diagnosis, treatment, and reconstructive options with Plastic Surgeon Dr. Jason Hall on The Trillium Show podcast.
BREAST CANCER RADIO FEATURE
TalkRadio 92.3 WETR-FM explores how breast conserving surgery and partial breast radiation can make a big difference for patients who are candidates for this innovative approach.
Theresa’s Breast Cancer Story
Partial breast radiation at Thompson Cancer Survival Center in Knoxville enabled Dr. Gibson’s patient Theresa’s cancer to be treated while she maintained her quality of life. Read her full story at: A Tactical Battle for Life | Thompson Cancer Survival Center,
DR. GIBSON ON THE DR. BOB SHOW
Premier General Surgeon Dr. William Gibson joins Dr. Bob Overholt to learn the latest advancements in detecting and treating breast cancer.
PREMIER SURGICAL BREAST CANCER TEAM
Premier Surgical’s has a team of surgeons dedicated to Breast Cancer Care. Our individual approach includes the entire breast cancer journey from diagnosis, to surgical treatment, to reconstruction. Check out this video to learn more!
MEET DR. GIBSON
PARKWEST HEALTH MINUTE: COLON CANCER SURGERY
- Partial Breast Radiation Give Cancer Patients a Winning Edge
- Breast Cancer Can Happen at Any Age
- Is Genetic Testing for Me?
- Breast Conserving Surgery & Partial Breast Radiation Decrease Treatment Time
- Hope & Healing: One Breast Cancer Survivor’s Story
- Breast Cancer Survivor Grateful for Prompt and Professional Care
- Gallbladder Disease: A Common American Ailment
- Patient Care Quality A Top Priority at Premier
Did you know we offer flat-fee packages for select Gallbladder and Hernia procedures? Visit our Premier Surgery Packages website to learn more.